...And God said, “Let the earth sprout vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind, on the earth.” And it was so. The earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed according to their own kinds, and trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind. And God saw that it was good...
-Genesis 1:11-12

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Happy February!

Hey Everyone!

I hope you are all doing well! I am full of plans for the upcoming weeks, and I am really happy with how January went for the blog - though I don't think I will keep up with the once a week schedule. If the posts aren't carefully planned in advance, I feel like they're too rushed, and I don't want to sacrifice quality for qfor quantity. As far as a schedule for February and March, I think I will stick with Tuesdays for posting and I will probably strive for a post every 2 weeks.

I had a great start to the month planned for today - I was going to make my first ever monthly 'favorites' video. If you watch youtube tutorials often, you might know what these are - just little videos of vloggers sharing their favorite (usually beauty/skincare) products for the month. I spent a couple hours trying to film one this afternoon, but what with the record button not getting pushed, losing my voice one the next few tries, and the lovely sunshine I started out with being replaced with a nice grey sky, and killing the lighting, it just didn't work out. I may or may not do it still, but I at least hope to have one for February next month! I really hope to be able to do more video posts, but this weather has been so gloomy, and I have absolutely horrible lighting in my room, that it just hasn't been possible yet.

If a favorites post sounds like something you'd be interested in, I might just do it in blog form, with pictures, so please let me know if you're interested.

As far as content I'm hoping to share this month - I have a really great tutorial on Vitamix Juicing planned. I have really been into making juice in the vitamix, and since it is quite a different process than using a regular juicer, I think it will be an interesting post.

I also have two review posts coming on the Juice Beauty Lip shimmers, and a review of The All Natural Face Lipsticks and Foundation

A few other posts/videos I would like to publish in the upcoming weeks are:

An updated hair care routine

Healthy Lifestyle tips

A skincare routine post.

 A post of my collection of herbal/crunchy books

And posts of my collections of natural/organic makeup products and skincare/body products.


I hope this sounds like a good list, and I don't know when or in what order these will end up coming, but if there is one that specifically interests you, let me know and I'll be sure to get it written  soon!



~Elissa



2 comments:

Diwakar said...

Hello Elissa Pickle. So good to know you through your profile on the blogger. I am also glad to stop by your blog "Crunchy Conserative Herbalist" and the post on it " Happy February". I so blessed to know you as a Godly young woman seeking to bring glory to God through your young single life. It is also interesting to know you as a Crunchy Conserative Herbalist. Well I am from Mumbai, India in the Pastoral ministry for last 34yrs serving the poorest of poor in the slums of Mumbai. This city is know for its contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reachout to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young people like you as well as adults from the West to come to Mumbai to work with us on a short / long term missions trip. We would love to have you come with your friends during your summer vacation and work with us. You will have opportunity to work on your herbal treatment. There are plenty of plants in India that have herbal medicine value and you will be so enrich in your Conserative Herbal treatment. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. I will also communicate with you on your email id. God's richest blessings on you.

Livia Rachelle said...

I nominated you for The Sunflower Blogger Award, but please don't feel pressured to participate if you don't really want to do so.