...And God said, “Let the earth sprout vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind, on the earth.” And it was so. The earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed according to their own kinds, and trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind. And God saw that it was good...
-Genesis 1:11-12

Monday, December 23, 2013

Naturally Colorful Christmas Cookies | 12 Days of Crunchy Christmas Day 10

Wow! Only two more days left!

As I was mentally preparing this post earlier today, I realized that I have posted a lot about natural dyes on this blog, so the post I had planned on naturally dyed christmas cookies would be rather redundant. :/
I'm not going to go into natural dyes again, no worries, but since I had no back up plan, I did just want to make a quick post to explain.
I do have a plan to make it up to you though, and I'm hoping either tomorrow or Christmas eve to have a double feature  - if everything turns out. It does require me going to the grocery store though, and I'm not sure how I feel about venturing out again after Friday's episode ;)
So keep your fingers crossed, and be looking for some really fun posts to wrap up this series.

With that I'll leave you will little brother's allergy free (vegan) christmas cookies with frosting made with organic-non-hydrogenated-shortening-that's-way-better-than-Crisco, looking pretty colorful with naturally dyed frosting. We used Blueberries, and paprika for these colors. And yay for naturally dyed sprinkles  too. What are Christmas cookies without sprinkle right?!



links to these are above under
"naturally dyed sprinkles"
 each word links to one. 

No comments: