...And God said, “Let the earth sprout vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind, on the earth.” And it was so. The earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed according to their own kinds, and trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind. And God saw that it was good...
-Genesis 1:11-12

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Just a little catch up.

Hey everyone! Wow, I'm so sorry about my long absence; that was totally unplanned! I have had tons of post ideas swimming around in my head, and even some actually partially written, but we've been crazy crazy busy and I just haven't had any time to devote to my blog. We're still in a rather crazy stage of life right now, but I feel like blogging my help keep me sane right now, so hopefully, I'll be back up and running here and flickr. I'm still daily studying herbal medicine, learning and using herbs and living a natural life, and I hope I'll be able to share some fun stuff! I have a modest little garden this year, all raised beds or pots, and everything is thriving (except for some seedlings, I have no talent raising seeds!). My squash plant is absolutely laden with blossoms, and I am looking so forward to having fresh yellow squash SOON!
More pictures soon, but here are a few I snapped this morning on my phone of my cedar boxes and whiskey barrels.
A lovely pepper that should soon be a red one!

left: Lettuce, carrot, leek seeds in the ground and a rosemary plant.
Right: Heirloom Tomatoes and Straight necked yellow squash

Parsley, thyme and chives. 

No comments: