...And God said, “Let the earth sprout vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind, on the earth.” And it was so. The earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed according to their own kinds, and trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind. And God saw that it was good...
-Genesis 1:11-12

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Hello world!

Hey y'all.I'm not sure if anyone still read this, but if you do, hey there! Long time since I last posted. I really haven't even given life to this blog yet, but now that I'm getting back into the daily routine of turning to essential oils and naturally healthy things, I hope I'll be able to post much more frequently! Last year when I started this blog, I was just getting into and discovering all this amazing stuff, but then life happened. Two surgeries for my mother, over a week without natural gas (no hot water, stove, oven), roof troubles, and much sickness for the family. Completely changing a lifestyle doesn't work when that sort of thing happens, but I've managed to slowly implement small things to make my life healthier, and more natural. Now about a year later, I can say that in my personal life I'm almost completely natural. I use a natural deodorant (recipe coming soon) as well as natural shampoo and soap/cleansers and such. The past few weeks I've been really inspired to start going all natural again, inhaling some geranium oil to try and relieve a headache (and putting on my glasses) before turning to motrin to dull the pain. Bathing a skinned knee in tea tree and lavender oils, instead of peroxide. (A skinned knee at nearly 19 you ask? And a playground incident no less. ;) I was pushing little brother and about 20 other children on a merry-go-round type contraption, and when I let go, lost my footing, and scraped the goodness out of my knee on the rubber and sand.)
And this evening I even experimented in "aromassage" on my dad's sore elbow, which I suppose would be "tennis elbow". He has tendinitis, bursitis, bad rotator cuffs, and probably arthritis in his arms, hands and shoulders, simply from 20 years of mechanical work and living his life to the full (and breaking every single finger, and some multiple times...) . We all enjoyed smelling the earthy eucalyptus and rosemary as I massaged. And even little brother got in on the fun, getting oily and "massaging" dad's hand. With the aid of the carrier oil I was able to massage much longer than I am when I work with no oil, and I think it was just as therapeutic for me as it was for dad! :)

So this is just a re-introductory post. If you're new here, I'd encourage you to read my welcome post to find out about my worldview and how I see the beauty of the Creator in these wonderful things, choosing to worship and praise him for making these things for our benefit, rather than worship the creation as so many who are involved in natural health.

No comments: