...And God said, “Let the earth sprout vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind, on the earth.” And it was so. The earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed according to their own kinds, and trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind. And God saw that it was good...
-Genesis 1:11-12

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Welcome

Hello everyone!!
So, I'm sitting here sipping a cup of herbal tea, listening to beautiful music, hoping that I may at last conquer my introductory post. I've been working at this post for the past three weekends now, and haven't gotten much further than when I first begun.

Let's see, where to begin... Ah. Well, many of you are my dear friends, and/or have come to this blog through my personal blog, and so already know all about me, but for those of you who don't know me, I'll give a brief introduction.

I'm a reformed Presbyterian young woman, I love my Savior and my family above all.
I have many and varied interests, but my current interest that takes most of my spare time is, quite obviously, Natural health and cosmetics. Also high on my list of interests and pursuits currently are thing such as furthering my culinary abilities, embroidering, gardening, and listening to my new favorite group, Celtic Thunder.

I have always been intrigued by natural things, One of my earliest childhood memories is making "potpourri", by mixing rose petals, tree leaves, and hose water together. It didn't turn out too well, but I was happy with it it.
It has only been in the past year or two however that I've really started looking into going all natural with my health and cosmetic products, and really only very recently that I've seriously pursued this. It's only been in about the last month that I've gone from detergent shampoo to herbal, detergent-free shampoo, from who-knows-what's-in-it hair products to my own herbal products. From chemical laden facial products to completely homemade, organic, and natural facial routine products. From as-strong-as-it-comes synthetic deodorant to simple body powder.

I want to share my love of these things from a Conservative Christian, God-honoring perspective. I have been very disturbed in my recent reading of natural health books, that 99% of them are authored by creation/nature worshiping pagans. Instead of feeling "connected" with "Mother earth" and "our plant brothers and sisters", we should be incredibly grateful to the Creator of all of these amazing plants and all of their exciting benefits and properties. It is so beautiful and wonderful that the plants scattered throughout the world have such complex, fragrant, medicinal, cleansing, properties, as well as often being beautiful, and astoundingly unique, and sometime just plain weird. The amazing design of all of these things clearly points to the Creator and Designer of them all.

So, that is what this blog is for, just to share my observations and experiments in natural health, cosmetics, and natural home care. I still have a very long way in my endeavor to learn more about all the wonderful natural things out there, but this blog will give me an outlet to share my discoveries, and maybe help others become interested in these wonderful products!

~Elissa

No comments: