...And God said, “Let the earth sprout vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind, on the earth.” And it was so. The earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed according to their own kinds, and trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind. And God saw that it was good...
-Genesis 1:11-12

Monday, September 12, 2011

Lavender Linen Water

Good afternoon my lovely blog readers!
I am so sorry that I never posted after promising to do so in my last post, though that most was a month an a half ago it really just seems like a few days, I couldn't believe when I saw that the date on that post was the 1st of August. Where does the time go?
I haven't done much herbal experimenting like I had planned unfortunately, but I am so in the mood for it now, that I am sure I'll find time for a bit of dabbling! For today I just wanted to share an old favorite, Lavender Linen Water. We washed sheets today, and I always spray my mattress, sheets, pillows and comforter down heavily with the linen water, it's such a homey soothing scent. The perfect scent for a day like today, the coolish breeze is floating in from my wide open window, and spreading the earthy lavender scent well round my room.
I love using this when ironing, the steamy warmth of the iron against the clean cotton is so soothing!




Lavender Linen Water
What you'll need:

Spray bottle
3 ounces Vodka
20 -30 drops organic lavender essential oil
Distilled water {you definitely do not want to use anything but distilled if you use this water for ironing}
Pour vodka into bottle, and fill the rest of the way with water. Add essential oil, shake slightly and you're ready to iron!


~Elissa

No comments: