...And God said, “Let the earth sprout vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind, on the earth.” And it was so. The earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed according to their own kinds, and trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind. And God saw that it was good...
-Genesis 1:11-12

Friday, June 24, 2011

Yogurt Tutorial

*EDIT* Okay, so some of my editing hadn't been saved, so there was like a section where I say "by everyone" like 4 times, and where I ramble unnecessarily, which is now cut out and the video is much more watchable. Just wanted to let y'all know :)

Hey everyone, well I *finally* got my tutorial filmed - yay!! Sorry it's taken me so long, I hope y'all enjoy it, I know it's kind of choppy and the lighting is crummy, but hey, at least I got it done right? :) Let me know if you like this and if you'd like to see more video tutorials/vlogs! Also, I would really love to hear any suggestions you have for future posts!
This will probably be my last post until late July, because we are going on vacation for 2 weeks on the 1st of july.

If you haven't read my first post on yogurt, I would encourage you to do so! Let's Talk Yogurt
Enjoy!




P.S. I forgot to mention it in the video, but someone asked about using honey in the yogurt. Honey is amazing for your skin, but if you are going to use it I would recommend using it as your moisturizer, mixed with almond oil, because honey is a humectant, which means it draws moisture from the air, so I would assume to reap the full benefits of the honey, it should be left on your skin and not washed off, but all that to say, using honey in your yogurt would be fine! :)

4 comments:

Erin said...

Nice! Thank you so much for taking the time to make and post this, Elissa. I was about to go wash my face before bed, so the timing was perfect. *goes to grab carton of yogurt out of fridge* :)

SisterlyLove said...

So simple yet genius! Can't wait to try it.

Genevieve

P.S. You are so cute! :)

Anonymous said...

You mentioned that you made rosewater-do you have a recipe for that?

Jessica McDonald said...

Thank you for posting this!!

Btw, I use this every night - I love it!!

Interesting thing, though, is that when I was using Plain yogurt from the grocery store, my skin didn't seem any better. I then switched to my homemade yogurt that I make with raw milk & raw cream and my skin LOVED it. I also add 2 drops of Orange essential oil and Lemon essential oil (to about 8 oz of yogurt) and my skin has been loving that as well. The fat from the cream that I make the yogurt with, moisturizes my skin so that I don't really have to put much moisturizer on at all.

I'm SO glad that you mentioned this whole yogurt thing! I can't thank you enough. :) <3